I said it before and I’ll say it again, Green Kitchen Stories is one of my favourite food blogs. Not only do they feature delicious, healthy, vegan recipes but their photos are absolutely gorgeous and make me want to whip up a storm in the kitchen. Like I had mentioned in my chia and cardmon pudding recipe post, Green Kitchen Stories also has two amazing apps including one for desserts ($2.99) which is where I got the inspiration for these almond butter cookies.
I just replaced the suggested organic peanut butter with raw almond butter since that was what I had on hand but if you are a PB fan, you can go for that. Just try to avoid the stuff with all those artificial ingredients. Go for organic/natural if possible.
240 ml / 125 g gluten free oat flour (grind rolled oats in a food processor)
180 ml / 115 g buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
240 ml organic peanut butter or almond butter
60 ml organic tahini (I just used regular tahini)
125 ml maple syrup or date syrup
80 ml olive oil
1. Set the oven to 175°C. Mix oat flour, buckwheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. If you can’t find oat flour you can make it yourself by simply grinding rolled oats in a food processor.
2. Put a small skillet on the stove on low heat. Add peanut butter, tahini, maple syrup, olive oil. Stir until combined.
3. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the flour mixture and fold them togther until combined.
4. Use your hands to shape 3 cm wide balls of dough and place onto parchment lined baking sheets. Leave a bit of space between each cookie.
5. Use the back of a fork to press down each cookie.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Don’t over bake or they will become dry. They will be slightly soft when they come out but will become firmer as they cool off.
7. Let them cool for a few minutes and transfer to a cooling rack. Serve!
I highly recommend downloading both apps as they are well worth it. They are iPhone and iPad friendly so very practical when you don’t want to bring your laptop into the kitchen.