When you get that 3 o’clock sugar craving, what do you reach for? Or how about when you are rushing to the gym and start to feel a grumble in your tummy? Energy balls have been a life saver on more than one occasion and they keep me on the path of healthy living rather than grabbing not so wise choices which can be tempting when in a rush. Having healthy options on hand is one of the best strategies to eat well and still feel satisfied so here are my 3 fave energy ball recipes.
This super simple 4 ingredient no-bake coconut energy ball recipe by Sweetphi is my fave because it’s so quick to make. I make it all the time.
Another fun pretty simple option are these peanut butter no bake bites by Beaming Baker.
And finally, this energy ball recipe from Prana is probable one of the first ones I made that allowed me to discover the magic in this type of simple snack:
- 10 large dates
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup coconut
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/8 cup agave or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Maca Powder (I actually couldn’t find this at the grocery store and the result was still super yummy)
- Shredded coconut for decoration
1. Add all the ingredients in a food processor except for the agave or maple syrup.
2. While mixing, slowly trickle in the agave or maple syrup and continue until the ingredients are well combined.
3. Using your hands, roll the mixture into little balls and coat in shredded coconut (yields about 12-15 balls).
Easy peasy right? Do you have any go-to snacks that save the day? Share them with us in the comment section below!